[SoWestLep] Question Mark Invasion in Southeast AZ

Andrew Warren warrena at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:37:10 EDT 1999

Questions Marks were more abundant than usual along the Colorado Front
Range (specifically Douglas Co.) than most years, although this probably
has nothing to do with their great year in the SW.  Interestingly,
Questions marks occur in subtropical habitats at low elevations in Nayarit
state (west-central Mexico) where they fly year around and show less
pronounced seasonal dimorphism than in eastern North America. I wonder if
the Arizona interrogationis are coming into Arizona from the east, coming
up from the south, or if they are always there in low numbers???

Andy Warren