dichlorovos

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Wed Apr 5 01:49:17 EDT 2000

Most collections can be maintained "bug free" by having a combination of (1)
high quality drawers or boxes that will not admit adult pests through
cracks; (2) place all drawers and boxes in a household deep freeze for 48
hours (rotating them through until all have been done, put them in plastic
garbage bags to prevent external condensation after removing them from the
freezer); and (3) freeze all new specimens before putting them in the
drawers or boxes (re-freeze existing specimens if they have been left
sitting out in the open). In temperate areas at least no fumigants are
required. I have no experience with maintaining collections in tropical
areas, but they may still require fumigants because of the higher levels of
pests.