Butterfly odors...

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Wed Aug 2 00:59:35 EDT 2000

Many swallowtails I have sniffed smelled great (various western N. Amer.
species). I have never decided whether the scent is produced by the
swallowtail or picked up from the flowers. There may be an opportunity for
perfume manufacturers here (think of the advertising opportunities
associated with butterflies and flowers!). I think sulphurs (Colias) may
worth a sniff as well, although it has been a long time since I tried it.