Butterfly odors

DR. JAMES ADAMS JADAMS at em.daltonstate.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:02:07 EDT 2000

LIsters,

	I started to write something on Euchloe olympia, but my mom
beat me to it!  They do indeed smell exquisite; best smelling
butterfly I've ever smelled.  For those of you wondering, the ones
we smelled were in Lawrence, KS.  Ones from your areas might
smell differently if the larval foodplants are different.  So if your
Olympia Marbles stink, go visit Lawrence in the spring and smell
them there!

	James

Dr. James K. Adams
Dept. of Natural Science and Math
Dalton State College
213 N. College Drive
Dalton, GA  30720
Phone: (706)272-4427; fax: (706)272-2533
U of Michigan's President James Angell's
  Secret of Success: "Grow antennae, not horns"