Attache article

Thea L. and Robert M. Pyle tlpyle at WILLAPABAY.ORG
Mon Aug 21 03:22:00 EDT 2000

Thanks for the kind words about the article, Anne.  Yes, Don, I was shaking
my head when I saw the photographs, all right.  Of course, most Americans
conflate swallowtails with monarchs (if they have any image in mind at all)
-- so a fritillary is a LITTLE bit closer.  Still, having got one picture
right...it does make one wonder just how they manage!  ??

Reminds me of an Art Wolfe caption I once saw in an REI exhibit, for a
parnassian photo:  "A moth of the high country."  And many others, equally
wildly off.  I am always bemused by the relative care that goes into text
vs. captions, when it is captions that most people read, if anything.  And
the author seldom has a chance to see either the artwork or the captions.

Best regards,

Bob Pyle