Study: Biotech Corn Kills Monarch

Clay Taylor CTaylor at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 23 15:57:51 EDT 2000

Paul - Given your well-documented cynicism about how much money is actually
utilized in environmental studies and conservation efforts Vs. the total
amount raised for that purpose (the rest going into the pockets of the
researchers), how much of that $100,000 spent by "the industry" actually
went into the field studies?  In light of the potential gains "the industry"
stands to make from such a study, only spending $100K seems to be a pretty
small investment.  How thorough were their methods in investigating the
differences you point out between laboratory Vs. field testing of Monarchs
and Bt corn?

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT