Biston betularia

MMM Secretariat mmm at www.specola.unifi.it
Thu Feb 3 03:18:44 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

a few weeks ago I try to get, through the list, some specimens of Biston
betularia of both morphs, white and dark. Our request evoked a very
stimulating discussion about the real role of natural selection in the
relative change of the two morphs frequency. We all appreciated very much
the interesting debate but .... unfortunately nobody seemed interested in
purchasing us the moths !   We still need them (desperately, I should now
add). Is there any hope to get them ? We have some budget for it.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for disturbing you again !

Marco Vannini

Prof. Marco Vannini
director of the Museum of Zoology "La Specola"
of the University of Florence
via Romana 17 - 50125 Firenze
Italy

tel.  :    +39 55 2288251/9
fax   :    +39 55 222565
e-mail:   vannini_m at dbag.unifi.it
http://www.unifi.it/unifi/msn/

International Meeting on Mangrove Macrobenthos (MMM)

Prof. Marco Vannini
director of the Museum of Zoology "La Specola"
of the University of Florence
via Romana 17 - 50125 Firenze
Italy

tel.  :    +39 55 2288251/9