another early butterfly

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Thu Feb 3 16:56:26 EST 2000

It is officially spring, after all. St. Bridget's day was yesterday.
That's the first day of spring in Ireland, anyway. Funny that it
corresponds to Groundhog Day here in the States.
The white butterfly may have drifted in to Tesco's on a food plant
(flowering kale?) and emerged from its chrysalid early, fooled by the
building's heat.
If it's smart, it'll stay right there and remain their pet.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida