Sharing Caterpillars

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Thu Feb 10 13:14:48 EST 2000

Hi, Sally,
Is it possible that the pillar-nappers don't know that you are growing
them on purpose? They may think that these are unappreciated and that
you might spray them.

Put up a couple of little butterfly garden ornaments or some such, and
they'll know you're taking care of them.

If you're hoping to foster butterfly gardening you could even set out
some little plants (empty yogurt containers make great free plant pots)
with a help yourself sign.

(If they steal your ornaments, then we know what you're up against, and
perhaps you should consider a tiger trap.)
Anne Kilmer
South Florida