Genetic Engineering does indeed have problems

Paul Cherubini cherubini at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 23 10:47:47 EST 2000

A leps-list lurker privately emailed me with this comment:

"One of the red flags of danger is when someone claims to have someone
else's best interests in mind; as in:  'we want you to have these organic
foods and herbal remedies because WE know they are healthier/better for
you, even if you don't believe us.'  I think you are exactly right, that if
their INCOME were threatened because they were going to be subjected to the
same standards of health and safety testing, the organic junkies would
backpedal rapidly."