colour polymorphism in insects

Dora Aguiar Pombo aguin at dragoeiro.uma.pt
Thu Jan 6 16:12:04 EST 2000

I am writing a manuscript on colour polymorphism and I need some information on insect colour patterns. What I need to know is which species and genera show colour polymorphism in females only (female-limited colour polymorphism) and which species or genera have females colour morphs similar to males (male-like females). As far as I know these two types of colour polymorphism are present only in some lepidoptera and odonata I wonder whether they may be found also in other insect groups. If you have this information I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much in advance. Best wishes for the New Year

Dora Aguin-Pombo