pronunciations

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Mon Jan 17 08:04:09 EST 2000

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer wrote:

> Under the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature it would be
> Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogochiensis. Please
> name something after the place, we need a bit of comic relief now and then.

Best of all, if you take a little salt water before you refer to this
bug, it will also relieve your sore throat.

But what might have been missed in this aquatic area?  A micro-moth,
perhaps? Those are easy to miss. Otherwise, maybe a little fly.
Of course, in the joyous intention of causing trouble, Kenelm (who is
discovering new stuff pretty frequently) could simply use this name
because he likes it. In this wonderful world of cut and paste, we can
even reproduce it seamlessly.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida