new subscriber

colinjacobs colina.jacobs at ukgateway.net
Thu Jan 27 11:00:37 EST 2000

Hello my name is Colin Jacobs from Lowestoft Suffolk

You may be interested to know that on 1st Jan 2000 a Peacock butterfly was
seen at Ness Point Lowestoft Suffolk, & a Small Tortoiseshell at Walberswick
Suffolk.

The Ness Point Butterfly was seen in flight by the static caravan park. many
of these caravans were occupied during  the Millennium Celebrations at The
most Easterly Point in Britain. I think that this hibernating butterfly was
disturbed from one of these caravans.

As for the Walberswick one. It was seen near the beach huts which again were
occupied earlier than usual.

Colin Jacobs.