Painted Lady Food

Linda Rogers llrogers at airmail.net
Fri Jul 28 16:53:31 EDT 2000

>Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:57:39 -0500
>To: butterflies at value.net
>From: Linda Rogers <llrogers at airmail.net>
>Subject: Re: Painted Lady Food
>
>Hi,
>
>Try STONEFLY diet for PL's, also you can use it for Buckeyes and Gulf
Frits with about 50% success.  For PL's it is foolproof.  They grow very
large and bright, if you put 3-4 in an 8-oz. cup with 1/4" diet in the
bottom of the cup.  Put a coffee filter on then the lid and they will go
through chrysalis by themselves and attach to filter.  Then just hang up
the filter in an emergence cage.

>StoneFly is in dry form and you add water.  Recipe on label says to add
vinegar but I never do.  This stuff is great and has long shelf life.  You
mix it up like stiff cooky dough.  You use it as you need it and is never
wasted.

>StoneFly Industries, Inc.
>(409) 776-1868
>
>BTW, It was my understanding that the good people at Insect Lore had some
sort of (bacterial?) problem in their diet earlier this year, but that it
was resolved.

>Linda Rogers
>Butterfly Boutique
www.butterflyboutique.net

  "When we meet a fact which contradicts a prevailing theory,
   we must accept the fact and abandon the theory, even when
   the theory is supported by great names and generally accepted."

                                --- Claude Bernard, 1865