help for the world's rarest . . .

Anne Kilmer viceroy at anu.ie
Sat Jul 29 01:16:28 EDT 2000

focus on the butterflies.
May I prescribe the serenity prayer, both for the auto-immune disorder
and the reaction to the list's "lack of courtesy"?
You'll recall the prayer; one requests the serenity to accept things we
cannot change; the courage to change the things we can change, and the
wisdom to know the difference.
My own auto-immune disorder is made much worse by efforts to lead others
to the "right path". Probably wiser to cultivate your own garden, and
allow others to enjoy their weeds (which, after all, butterflies prefer)
or their peonies as they choose.
Neil and Paul add balance to the list. They aren't going to change. We
might as well enjoy their brisk flavor, as you would an olive or pickled
onion.
Or, of course, flush them unread. That delete key is easy to master.
Good luck with the physical therapy, and do those silly exercises. They
really work. I can actually kneel down, get up again, and (therefore)
garden a little.
Anne Kilmer
Mayo
Ireland