Canada and net waving

JH jhimmel at connix.com
Sat Jul 29 10:44:56 EDT 2000

I know the show is on at 8:30 AM every morning and Saturdays in CT.  While
it is popular with kids around here, it is also very popular with
naturalists, who enjoy seeing many aspects of our vocation in use on this
show.  There is so little on the tube that we can identify with.  So many of
the other nature shows seem so generic to appeal to the general public - I
rarely watch them for that reason.  Or, they're geared toward sensationalism
with some guy is wrestling a big reptile, or "When Animals Kill...".

I saw the moth show, and as an ardent moth enthusiast, you can't imagine how
cool is was to watch - on TV! - people sugaring and blacklighting!

John's show is also good for the occasional laugh.

John
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT USA
jhimmel at connix.com