Pronuba in Western Canada

Gary Anweiler Edmonton Alberta Canada gganweiler at sprint.ca
Sun Jul 30 20:19:58 EDT 2000

The last notable exotic Lep to arrive here (about 10 years ago) was the
Satin Moth (Leucoma salicis) which very rapidly reached pest status (not to
mention things like House Mice, Noreway Rats, Zebra Mussels, House Sparrows
and Starlings !!!)- so we tend to be a bit gun-shy.  On the other hand
exotics (i.e. Xestia xanthographa; Apamea ophiogramma etc. ) have arrived on
our shores and caused no problems to date that I am aware of.  I will extend
pronuba a cautious welcome (not that it will give a damn one way or the
other !).

Gary Anweiler, Edmonton Alberta Canada

news:7489oscgm0r85j9qp7nmhkkescmcj8d36o at 4ax.com...