Plant pest or biological control

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Mon Jun 19 10:35:01 EDT 2000

Yes, this is a most curious situation.  It seems that our lepidopterous
friends in the USA are now faced with a situation where butterflies are
regulated by TWO federal gov acts and organizations.  It would make more
sense to me to have wildlife regulated by the Fish and Wildlife agency - but
I guess some people thought that having the same animals regulated twice
over is a reasonable use of the taxpayers dollar.  Perish the thought that
anyone should be allowed to lay hands on a butterfly without endless red
tape.  Excuse me while I smile and chuckle :-)