small insects

Rcjohnsen rcjohnsen at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 18:14:06 EST 2000

<< Subject: small insects
From: "| V" andrew at home-apm.freeserve.co.uk
Date: Mon, Mar 13, 2000 8:01 PM

I wonder if anybody can help me,I have only just recently been introduced to
entomology and would like to research something   i.e. the very small in the
insect world either nearly microscopic or indeed microscopic, to my
embarrassment I neither know what the study of these insects is called or
were to even begin to look,so if anyone could point me in the right
direction I would be very grateful.
Thanking you in advance Andrew Murphy

Dear Andrew
This was a toughie for me but I searched alta vista using my own key word of
micro-entomology in the savvy-metasearch box.  I came up with nada.
Next, I tried microscopical insects and came up with

book lice at
http://www.ext.vt.edu/departments/entomology/factsheets/booklice.html

and
Bug mugs at
http://www.pbrc.hawaii.edu/~kunkel/wanted/

An acarology site at Ohio State at
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~acarolog/acar-hp.htm

Dust mites-A Primer at
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~lblanco/

I'm not sure if there is a formal branch of entomology concerned with
microscopy or what you would call it besides micro-entomology.
Hope this helps and I wish you good luck.
Roger