Moth Question -- Have Posted Images

Heath Fred Heath at melcher.ch
Sun Mar 26 13:14:47 EST 2000

 I love the Polka Dot Wasp Moth. It reminds me of the Redwinged Blackbird.
Let me explain:
	Knowing I am a bird watcher, many friends will describe a bird they
saw and ask me what it was. It never fails that they assume I am putting
them on when I tell them the name of the black bird with red wing patches
they describe is a Redwinged Blackbird!
	When I saw my first Polka Dot Wasp Moth in Ft Myers Florida and
described it to a friend as a moth which resembled a wasp with polka dots on
its wings and he told me what it was, I figured he was also surely putting
me on!
	Hmmm. Funny, this never happens with scientific names.....

---Fred