NABA Names Committee

Matthew Smith MatSmith1 at compuserve.com
Fri Mar 31 04:04:09 EST 2000

Message text written by INTERNET:drdn at mail.utexas.edu
>Oh how confusing a little heavy handed regulation can make things!
Are these names to lithify concepts at present levels of ignorance?
Will these names appear in the Federal Register to become enshrined in law?

...(snip)..

  This attempt to impose uniformity on the communities of butterfly
enthusiasts is turning out to be far too divisive.<

Being based in the UK I would like to think that I am an impartial observer
with respect to this particular debate.

The immeadiate thought that comes to mind regarding two or three (or
more??) naming committies is:
Can somebody remind me exactly how many 'official World Heavyweight Boxing'
titles we have at present.  With this in mind, I look forward to the
official 'North American Butterfly Names' reunification bout (of course
this would be conducted on a purely non-physical manner over a medium such
as this).

Matt