I need help.......

Kenelm Philip fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu
Fri May 5 15:49:47 EDT 2000

	Paul Cherubini inquired:

> Any idea when the school year ended for elementary school classes in the
> Kenai Peninsula region in the 70's?

> Ditto for Fairbanks in the 80's. Was school in session in Fairbanks at
> the time you spotted a fresh V. cardui on the neaby hill? How far is the
> hill from the 5 (?) elementary schools in Fairbanks?

	The 15 Fairbanks elementary schools run through 26 May. I don't
have the data for the Kenai Peninsula (or Anchorage) but I suspect they
would be roughly similar.

	The Ester Dome _cardui_ was caught 14 June. Ester Dome is about
10 miles from downtown Fairbanks--the distance to schools could be from
5 to 15 miles.

						Ken Philip
fnkwp at uaf.edu