Pyrgus centaureae wyandot.

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Fri May 12 06:09:22 EDT 2000

It looks like an interesting (if fortuitous) thread. Leroy's Koehn's
report of the apparent commonness (or at least the 'not-so-rareness') of
Wyandot over a large area as recently as the early 1980's, would
certainly be an interesting baseline for comparison with more recent
observers in the same areas (none of which I know personally).

The very few reports I could find for NJ indicate that here to it was
not a "domestic" creature, although remote areas here are often not that
far from residential areas.

Mike Gochfeld