Pyrgus centaureae wyandot.

Cris Guppy & Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Fri May 12 20:51:28 EDT 2000

Once more prejudice wins over common sense! (1) Note the dates Leroy
collected the specimens - they were not federally listed at that time and
Leroy says they were widespread and common. (2) How could collecting a few
specimens from each of many counties possibly affect skipper abundance? (3)
I assume that you live in a house or other building that has eliminated
valuable habitat for a wide diversity of butterflies, perhaps even Pyrgus
centaureae wyandot? (4) The reason for the rarity of the species, as with
most rare species, is very simple - Habitat Destruction! And thoughtless
irrational anti-collecting statements certainly do not help protect any
butterfly from that!