Metamorphosis in lepidoptera...

Saleel Majeed saleel at -NOSPAM-ntlworld.com
Mon May 15 04:57:55 EDT 2000

Hello;

In my biology syllabus, the following paragraphs come up:

-----
METAMORPHOSIS AS ILLUSTRATED BY THE LIFE CYCLE OF A LEPIDOPTEROUS INSECT

This section should reflect change in protein and energy requirements
associated with growth in the larva and reproduction and dispersal in the
adult. Associated changes in food, mouthparts and gut enzymes.
-----

Now, unfortunately, none of the three biology textbooks I have cover this.
And my teacher also doesnt have much info on this topic.

I was wondering if anyone knows any information on this which they can share
with me - especially re: the "gut enzymes" part. Or, if anyone knows any
webistes which cover this, then please let me know.

Please help if you can.

TIA.