thorny moths

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Tue May 16 20:05:00 EDT 2000

C. hageni occurs in all Ohio counties in the SW quarter of the state.  It
also occurs in counties that are adjacent to the counties in the SW quarter
of the state.  Do you want actual records, or just the distribution?  The
above description, easy to outline on a map of Ohio (virtually a square
state) will quickly provide the distribution in this state.

Hope this helps.

Eric Metzler
Columbus OH
"MJS323" <mjs323 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20000515182449.05663.00002802 at ng-co1.aol.com...
> Richard;
>    The county distribution for C. hageni would be available on Paul
Opler's
> site for North American moths, available through the Lepidopterists
Society
> website.  The distribution for E. phasma, west of the Mississippi is
availabe
> through the new "Distribution Maps of the Arctiidae" through Colorado
State
> Univ.  I don't know if Paul has that one on the North American Moths site
yet
> or not.  I can send you a copy of the Arctiid map if needed, via snail
mail.
> The others might be available on the North American Moths site as well.
Good