followup OT: Re: Don't put the cart (light) before the (horse) concrete.

Doug Yanega dyanega at pop.ucr.edu
Thu Nov 2 13:11:38 EST 2000

A followup to what I *just* posted. This literally just in over the wire:
-----------------
From: "Ed Kelley" <boarlord at worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.email
Subject: AT&T & NevadaHosting Issue
-Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:48:06 GMT

All

AT&T has reviewed the document posted at
http://spamhaus.org/rokso/nevadahosting.jpg.  That document represents a
revision to AT&T's standard contract that was entered into by a sales
representative without proper authorization and is in conflict with AT&T's
anti-spamming policies.  The agreement has been terminated and the customer
has been disconnected.  It is not AT&T's policy or practice to enter into
such agreements or to allow spam related activities.  In fact, AT&T's
policy, as set forth in its Acceptable Use Policy
(http://www.ipservices.att.com/policy.cfm), is quite the opposite.

We apologize for the delay in addressing this issue publicly.
--
Ed Kelley - Newsgroups Channel Manager
AT&T Worldnet Service Customer Care

I guess the anti-spam public pressure system still works. Thank goodness.

Peace, all,

           http://entmuseum9.ucr.edu/staff/yanega.html