Strays vs. stays

Ron Gatrelle rgatrelle at home.com
Sun Nov 5 20:03:29 EST 2000

Ken,
    You information is 100% accurate. It confirms what I stated, that the
species mentioned by Alan are multiple brooded and wanderers -- even without
wind. My focus is not the multiple brooded nomads, but if the single brooded
species favonius ontario is resident or not in Ontario (or nearby Michigan:
Lenawee County). Anyone who has spent any time in the field has encountered
strays. Certain species or even genera tend to do this. F. favonius does
not, especially its females. As a highly specialized migratory species
Monarchs have no relativity here.