One fifth of a thimble per acre

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 14 03:14:06 EST 2000

At 10:45  13/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
  >The same phenomenon takes place in many public restaurants,
>grocery stores and johns. Battery operated dispensers spray an
>invisible mist of pyrethoid insecticide (like resmethrin) every 15
>MINUTES at a dosage sufficient to kill houseflies, but not larger
>insects like butterflies or even drosophila. The dosage is so low
>restaurant patrons do not  realize they are being sprayed every
>15 minutes.
>
>Paul Cherubini

Paul,
  I know several patrons who do notice, and do not patronize these
chem-joints. Also I can often tell which roach species lives in the kitchen
by its odor, when I enter the door. I do not patronize these places either.
  It is much easier to run a clean kitchen than poson the pests and risk
poisoning the patrons.
.........Chris Durden