[LEPS-L:7941] Re: An encounter with honeybees

SFleischak at aol.com SFleischak at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 18:55:13 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/20/00 2:34:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pad_murali at my-deja.com writes:

<< Actually, I believe, the typical reactions on this
 issue are the result of a mixture of both logic and instincts. >>

Isn't knowledge necessary for logic to work properly? Through no fault of
your own, it is my understanding that you were confronted with what appeared
to be a clear and present danger and acted upon it. Your lack of knowledge
that this was a natural phenomenon and would in most cases take care of
itself in a matter of days might have been understandable in times past.
However, with the Internet apparently easily available to you and an answer
just hours or minutes away, it might be prudent in the future to learn before
leaping.

I am not condemning you in anyway. I just feel that this can be made into a
good learning lesson for you as well as others. It is natural for man to fear
what is strange or unknown. The answer is to broaden our horizons.

Steve