Poll?

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Thu Oct 12 22:50:26 EDT 2000

Jacob,

I did not call a poll scientific. I said that Bruce's views did not
represent a scientific consensus. A consensus involves the shared
opinions of people. Is it your experience that most scientists involved
in population biology share Bruce's view that the random release of
butterflies is safe for all species of butterflies? Would most butterfly
population biologists welcome such releases?

Patrick