Monarch/Milkweed question

Randy Morgan festivus6 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 11:07:14 EDT 2000

We live on the west central coast of Florida, near Clearwater. Last summer
in our butterfly garden, our milkweeds were covered with Monarch
caterpillars, so many that they completely stripped every plant twice.  This
year, with even more milkweeds, I have yet to see the first caterpillar,
despite seeing Monarchs in the garden every day during the summer.  Any
theories for the no-show this fall?  The milkweeds are infested with aphids,
but they were last year as well, and it didn't stop the little critters
then.

Randy