Journal of Research on the Lepidoptera

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 24 10:49:28 EDT 2000

The point is very little if any of the money earned (extorted?) on football
ever trickles down to be sqandered on academics.
  At one university I know well, a stadium and a museum were built in 1938
following the state centennial celebration. The stadium has been rebuilt
and enlarged at least 3 times since. The museum remains only one third
built. One year the bill for Astroturf was sent by mistake to the museum.
The bill was more than the operating budget of the museum.
Shame! Shame! Shame!
...........Chris Durden