Common name error? gillettii

Cris Guppy or Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Thu Oct 26 20:18:21 EDT 2000

Clarence P. Gillett was a prominent entomologist at Colorado State
University, Fort Collins, Colorado, from 1891 to his death in 1941. E.
gillettii was named in 1897, and presumably was named after him. Possibly
Gillett collected the specimens. However more evidence is required to fully
remove the "presumably" and "possibly" from the preceding statements.