rearing red admiral butterflies

Sunsol SUNSOL at prodigy.net
Sun Sep 3 20:39:52 EDT 2000

I have some experience raising caterpillars, but never managed to mate
adults. Once I put one of those bed netting things over my pellitory. The
newly emerged adults didn't seem too unhappy in there. But when I found a
wild adult laying and put her in, she got agitated and wouldn't lay anymore.
I got gulf fritillaries to mate in that tent, but not red admirals. Good
luck with your project.

Sally
news:3E9E4845EF43D411AF7400508B4AB23E089B32 at lakefront.agresearch.cri.nz...