Swallowtail chrysallis re-attachment

JABRUNETTI at aol.com JABRUNETTI at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 09:40:30 EDT 2000

Dear friends - I wanted to thank everyone for your timely advice on raising
butterflies.  My children (and I) have really learned alot with this project
this summer.  Concerning the detached chrysallis, I reattached it 6 inches
above the floor of our container on a stick, using Elmers white glue, and
"Butterfree" emerged 10 days later, as beautiful as could be.  He was set
free, and the two other pupae emerged safely (females - Sweetypie and
Tickles) joined him in the great outdoors.  My 3 children were so excited to
be able to have a butterfly walk on them and then set them free.  We are now
awaiting the emergence of our 3 Monarchs.  Thank you again to everyone who
responded to our questions and helped the emergence of 3 new lepidopterists!
                                                    Sincerely,
                                                            Tracey Brunetti