Robinia leaf miner

Robert Thorn Thorn at denison.edu
Thu Sep 7 11:48:13 EDT 2000

Here in central Ohio we're having a plague year for locust miner.  As a
recent (6 year) transplant myself, I have limited experience to draw
upon.  It's obvious, though, that the infestation this year far
surpasses anything in the prior 5 years. Last year, a few trees or
branches on trees suffered.    This year, acres of Black locusts are
brown here, and I can only presume that some of these trees will die
directly or indirectly from this infestation.  This result may be more
serious in southern Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia, where black
locusts are one of the major plants colonizing reclaimed strip mine
areas.

Rob Thorn