Hemileuca nuttalli

Rob & Ryan lepidopterists at home.com
Wed Sep 20 01:12:05 EDT 2000

Hello All,
    Earlier this summer I collected a nice little cluster of first instar
Hemileuca nuttalli larvae from the Merrit BC area, and managed to
successfully bring them all (32) through to pupation. We're in Coquitlam
(lower mainland) British Columbia Canada. They pupated within the first week
of August 2000. Its my belief that these should emerge this year , mate and
the egg rings overwinter. So far none have emerged, and I was wondering if
anyone has any idea whether or not these will emerge this year or over
winter as pupae?

Happy Collecting!

Ryan & Rob Vandermoor