California Oaks

Sunsol SUNSOL at prodigy.net
Sat Sep 23 07:37:16 EDT 2000

A fungus was recently imported to the west coast. It is killing the live
oaks in Marin Co, just north of San Francisco. According to tv reports, it
spreads like wildfire and is unstoppable. I can't imagine the golden hills
of California without oaks in the creases.

I have heard nothing about how this will affect the California Sisters, and
of course nothing about the other insects that live in oaks.

Does anybody know anything more about this situtation? Any references
available out there? Thanks.

Sally