Butterfly Conservation Press Release

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 14:48:09 EDT 2000

In article <39D27BBA.C10CE0B4 at gate.net> viceroy at gate.net "Anne Kilmer" writes:

> "DR. JAMES ADAMS" wrote:
> >
> > Neil Jones passed on the following from a press release:
> >
> > >  Species such as the Gatekeeper and Speckled Wood have moved from the
> > >  fringes to colonise places such as Hyde and Regents Park, The Tower
> > >  of London . . .
> >
> > That's really amazing!!  I had no idea that butterflies have started
> > colonizing buildings!  Must be a *lot* of indoor plants and windows
> > in the Tower of London . . .
> >
> >                 James
> >
> Tortoise shells, Peacocks, maybe a Red Admiral or two ... wouldn't have
> expected a Gatekeeper to go indoors much.
> You must remember that it's raining outdoors, mostly, in the British
> Isles, which makes indoors more appealing to the butterflies, as to
> everybody else. :-)

Anne is right the weather is pretty rainy here. Where I live on the
coast of South Wales we say that when you can see the English coast
it is going to rain and when you can't it is because it is raining! :-)

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog