don't judge a book by its blurb

Doug Yanega dyanega at pop.ucr.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:38:57 EDT 2001

Thanks to Felix for finally interjecting a little reality into this thread.
I was biting my tongue, as I know the authors well, and even produced a
field guide through the INHS myself (the one preceding this butterfly guide
in the series, in fact, on Cerambycids). I was wondering how long it would
take until someone would trouble themselves to get a copy of the book
before criticizing it. I rather suspect someone in the business office was
responsible for the advertisement, trying to encourage USFWS personnel to
buy copies (the INHS makes very little from book sales, so every copy sold
helps). I doubt they realize how well butterfly books sell compared to
other field guides.

Peace,

           http://entmuseum9.ucr.edu/staff/yanega.html