Printing labels with inkjets

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 13 17:58:57 EDT 2001

I print a set of labels on an Epson Stylus Photo 700 (my available
printer). Then I reduce - copy (xerographic) on to label stock paper. The
hot resin transfer process used in xerographic printers heat-welds the
resin ink around the fibers of the paper. If the paper gets wet or warps
with age, the ink is still locked on. Does the resin crack as it ages? I do
not know.
...................Chris Durden