Rotating heads

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 09:49:38 EDT 2001

I also use a freezer exclusively. I seldom have problems with rotating heads and when I do it is usually skippers. I rotate the heads into position with #2 pins, adjust the antennae and cover with paper.

I seldom mount papered material. The last time I attempted to relax papered material were some Marpesia that I was sent that were collected in the late 1970's. I used a little accent meat tenderizer in a small plastic container as relaxing chamber and leave the specimens 24 hours. I was suprised with the results. I cut the wing muscles with with an exacto knife and I had no problems positioning the wings. I have heard that the accent will cause stains, but I have not experience staining. Are there any other relaxing agents?