Stupid Question #917

Sumairp at dex.pathlink.com Sumairp at dex.pathlink.com
Tue Apr 17 21:47:40 EDT 2001

On 14 Apr 2001 19:24:47 -0700, MWalker at gensym.com (Mark Walker) abused
bandwidth & wrote:

>Sometimes it's difficult to rotate my little friends head after it's been
>crooked over by the lie of its antennae in the envelope.  You need to rotate
>their little heads if you want their antennae to fan out nicely on the
>spreading board.  Most times it's easy.  Sometimes their little heads get
>stuck (especially the iddy bitty ones) - it can't be very comfortable.  Any
>recommendations (besides buying a camera...you hosers)?
>
>Mark Walker
>Oceanside, CA

Stupid Answer #1814
I use micro entomological pins. Can't lay my hands on the list # just
now, but they're about 1/2" long, no head & sharpened at one end.
Insert at the back of the head behind the eyes at an angle of about 30
degrees to the vertical. Rotate the head to the desired postion, then
push the pin thru until it seats in the setting board channel. Adjust
the height of the head accordingly, then set the antennae.
Support the head as you push the pin through, otherwise you might just
tear it off the thorax.

Works for me.

Cheers,
Chris Hocking