multicaudata vs multicaudatus

Doug Yanega dyanega at pop.ucr.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:46:28 EDT 2001

Norbert Kondla wrote:

>certainly support vigorous efforts to bring the code into the twenty first
>century by replacing the current provisions with an "original useage"
>clause.  In the interim, it is my choice to respect the rules as best I can,
>with full recognition that errors will result due to not being a Latin
>scholar. Readers who get paid to do taxonomy please take heed, show some
>positive leadership, do your jobs and get cracking on getting that code
>changed.

Readers who get paid to do taxonomy? That's what - two or three people
here? I'm with you on this Code stuff, I even do taxonomy, but that's not
what I'm paid for, and fighting for Code changes is pretty hopeless (I've
tried). Taking on the ICZN Old Guard is like attacking a Panzer with a BB
gun.

Peace,

           http://entmuseum9.ucr.edu/staff/yanega.html