Painted Lady Migration

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Mon Apr 30 18:43:04 EDT 2001

Listers,
I noticed last Thursday afternoon, the 26th that there were many V.
cardui flying through Salem, probably 10 or more in my field of view
per minute.  It was sunny and warm Wed and Thurs and I hadn't seen
any in Portland while I was there on Wed (actually hit 80 deg F).  So
maybe they were just arriving.  Unfortunately the weather shifted
back to the normal seasonably cool and wet weather and I haven't seen
a P.L. since.  I think this is the farthest north report here in the
west to date.
Rich

>Thanks for the observation.  We could use more postings like this of
>when and where these things are observed.  Thank you.

Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture
Plant Division
rworth at oda.state.or.us