frass expulsion

Liz Day beebuzz at kiva.net
Sun Aug 5 00:46:03 EDT 2001

 >Actually, I have never seen this projectile phenomenon you speak of.
 >Just what kinds of distances are we talking about here?  A few
 >centimeters?

Up maybe a few inches and sideways maybe 6"?   They can make the frass land
on something at least a few inches above them (that's how I noticed it in
the first place - couldn't figure out how that frass got there!!).   The
sideways distance depends on how far below them it lands.  They shoot it
out upwards at an angle (at least sometimes).

Liz