new TTR issue out

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Tue Aug 14 03:53:26 EDT 2001

TTR (The Taxonomic Report) Vol. 3 # 4. was officially published on August
12 and is currently being mailed to TTR subscribers and libraries. It deals
with all of the Mitoura in eastern N.A. from Mississippi to Iowa eastward.
There are 42 color pictures of all six taxa in this region. One new
subspecies is described and another is discussed but left undescribed.

subscription link on the home page. It is $45 a year in N.A. and $55
elsewhere. Past Vols may be obtained on CD for only $25. TTR is not only
important as a taxonomic publication, but as a conservation publication
also. This is attested to by the subscriptions of the Southeast Region
office of Fish and Wildlife and two Nature Conservancy subscriptions. TILS
(The International Lepidoptera Survey) which publishes TTR is in great need
of funds to help us carry out our research and publish. Because we are new,
we do not yet have a broad base of patrons. Donations my also be made on
line via our web site (all donations are US tax deductible).

We are on track in 2001 to produce our annual goal of 8 to 10 issues per
year. A couple of other major non TTR publications are also already in the
works for either this year or early next year by H. Pavulaan. For the rest
of this year, one or two new species of eastern US butterflies should make
it out this year plus the realignment of a couple  complexes.

We remain disappointed that so few moth papers have been submitted to TTR
and openly solicit these.

For TILS/TTR
Ron Gatrelle