pollination question

Don Benson don.benson at attcanada.net
Wed Aug 15 17:30:22 EDT 2001

Perhaps you read the article by Stephen Buchmann, Who are the pollinators
that cause fruits to form from flowers?
(http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/ic/lesson/) In the article he says that
"about 80% of all the food we eat comes from fruits and vegetables that were
insect-pollinated."  He also says that "beetles are not important
pollinators of our crop plants like bees are."
Don
news:000c01c12553$f45e0440$9b0f1218 at gscrk1.sc.home.com...