Requesting ID Assistance for 10 Heliconids

Robert J. Nuelle, Jr. rnuelle at houston.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 18:49:15 EDT 2001

Dear LEPSters and MOTHers:

My son and I have been quietly laboring to build a good cosmopolitan
Butterfly and Moth
Information site since April of this year. We started this collection in
March and have decided
that the best museum in the world [the Internet] should house all of the
specimens. We
have discovered a great Lepidopteran Guide book [www.google.com] and have
used it
extensively to identify specimens and to refine our species database.

We purchased a number [500 so far] of foreign specimens and have been
picturing them
with lateral digital photography shots directly from the triangles in which
they came. We will be
mounting them this winter, when there are no butterflies to collect here in
Houston, but in
this period of time we have a number of South American Heliconids [10
precisely] that we
cannot identify.

I have put a special page on our website featuring these 10 Longwings, and I
would like
to ask the List members for assistance in identification of these specimens.
If you have
a few minutes to spare please go to:

http://www.univershell.com/bfly/home.htm           and click on the button
³Heliconid ID Help²

We greatly appreciate any information on these specimens. Also if you have
sites that wish
listed on our references page we will gladly accept those site addresses via
email.

We are very grateful in advance for any assistance. We appreciate the
passion and wisdom
of this dedicated group. We would be more active posters to the list but we
are the definition
of amateurs ­ we care deeply, are highly motivated and simply need time and
learning.

TIA

Robert J. Nuelle, Jr.
Robert J. Nuelle, III